How we develop smart standards
The freewheel hub has substantial benefits opposed to coaster brakes: Both launching and braking work smoothly in all pedal positions enabling kids to be able to react better – we've tested this!
- Simple launching: the crank can be put into the perfect start position without resistance
- Stopping is possible at any time: kids can promptly react to danger via the hand brakes instead of having to set the pedals into the correct positon like with coaster brakes
- Especially beginners often pedal in the wrong direction – a freewheel hub can prevent unintended braking
- Perfectly functioning brakes ideally complement the freewheel hub
- No having to get used to “real” brakes later
- Optimal 25 x 14T beginner gearing